Saturday 14 September 2013

Digipak Plan



Digipak Plan


Here is the plan for the digipak I am going to create. These are my initial ideas and they may change in the future. The plan consists of 6 panels which will feature on the digipak, the first panel is the front cover which will be an image of the band in studio. Throughout the digipak there will be a black and white theme as it can be linked with the genre and lifestyle of our band. Therefore, the image on the front cover will be black and white with the font in red which will have a contrast therefore making it stand out. 

Also from the image you can see that the second panel will feature the CD itself. The CD will be plain white with the same red font on it from the first panel which again will be consistent throughout. I still have to decide what will be the background of this panel as I feel that it cannot be too colourful as I want the red font to stand out the most. On the other hand, I have a different idea for the CD which is that the whole CD will be the band logo  as I feel it is important to show this more often than not, as it needs to stick in the customers mind for the band to be known. 

The third panel will consist the track listing of the album. The track listing will be in the same red font I have used throughout. I am still trying to think of an idea to what the background of this panel will be. My current ideas are a different image of the band or an image of instruments used by the band which is a common convention used by other indie rock artists.

For the fourth panel I tried to think outside the box and tried to think of a way to connect and to do something audience related. I came up with the idea of a raffle ticket where it gives the audience a chance to come back stage with the band in a concert for a meet and greet. I decided to do this because it will give the audience a reason to buy the digipak as you will not be able to get a raffle ticket anywhere else meaning it gives the digipak more value. For the raffle ticket itself I am still planning how I am going to design the ticket.

Another idea to connect to the audience is a DVD on the fifth panel which will be similar to the CD's style but the opposite colours. For example, the DVD will be red with white font however the font itself will be the same. The DVD will consist of interviews of the band, a slide show of pictures of behind the scenes and a special message from the band to their fans. This will make the fans feel like they are being acknowledged which raise their morale and their support towards the band.

Finally, the last panel I have chosen to put some sort of image my initial idea was to put a black and white image of london as the band is English and it is to show that they are a London based band.





No comments:

Post a Comment